Noah Michael

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"Foodie" in the Making




So recently Mommy and Daddy have been keeping me busy by taking me to food festivals. First there was the Jewish Food Festival in Carmel Valley. We got to ride a bus from the parking lot to the festival - I really was excited about that. We sampled the salmon, latkes, blintzes, knishes, kugel, and egg cream sodas - mmmmmmmm! Not only was there good food but I also made an art project. To top it all off Mommy and Daddy bought me a picture of a train that was taken at Elkhorn Slough near our house. I like to carry it around and show it to anyone who comes by! If you haven't been by in awhile why don't you stop by soon so I can share it with you too?

Then Labor Day Weekend there was the Greek Food Festival. There we had gyros, spanikopita, and baklava. I think Mommy and Daddy enjoyed the food a little bit more than me - what I really liked was the Greek dancing. I really wanted to get up on the stage and join all the dancing but Mommy never lets me have any real fun! After that sweet baklava Mommy and Daddy went to Plumes in downtown Monterey for some coffee. I enjoyed watching the cars drive by as they sipped their coffee. I faithfully pointed to each car and yelled "CarCar" as each one passed by. Then we wandered around the historic buildings of Monterey - what a great way to spend a beautiful Monday afternoon.

So I was a bit surprised when Mommy and Daddy didn't take me to the Italian Food Festival last weekend. They muttered something about going out to a nice dinner for their anniversary without me! Oh well, there's always next year I suppose (and the Artichoke Festival, and the Garlic Festival, and the Calamari Festival........)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home